Neurosciences Project Manager
NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Admin & Clerical
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Fixed term: 12 months (Secondment Opportunity)
- Part time
- Flexible working
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £48,526 - £54,619 per annum, pro rata
- 27/03/2023 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here? So do we.
We want all our staff to achieve a balance between work and personal life and understand how important flexible working can be. We welcome applications on a full or part time basis, various shift patterns and hybrid working, where roles allow.
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual, with experience of delivering complex projects across multiple business areas. We now have an exciting opportunity for a project manager working within the field of Neuroscience and working within the Medicine Division at the NNUH. This role will be working on several interesting projects within the field of Neuroscience, including Mechanical Thrombectomy, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the development of new clinical pathways. This is a key role that will support the development and implementation of projects that are critical to the ambitions of the Trust.
The role focuses on the reporting, control, and monitoring of all project areas across multiple bespoke projects within the field of neuroscience. The role will be responsible for providing the interface between clinical and non-clinical areas to facilitate clear visibility of progress and challenges. In addition, close consultation with stakeholders is required to ensure outputs and updates are accurate and timely. By design the scope of this role will subject to ad hoc changes based on the changing demand within the neuroscience teams.
Main duties of the job
You will need to have a good grasp of project methodologies, including report writing, data analysis, RAID management. Unsurprisingly, excellent stakeholder management skills are essential as the role will require collaboration with medical divisions, Operations, Finance, HR, Procurement, Estates & Facilities and other functions.
We are looking for someone with:
- A sound understanding of project delivery and oversight
- Experience in initiation and delivery of complex projects
- High attention to detail with strong multi-tasking skills with an ability to prioritise several objectives simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong results focused leadership and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Competent in MS Office applications.
- Practical experience in an NHS and/or Change environment
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment, that requires someone who is both adaptable and a self-starter.
- Keen stakeholder management skills, able to adapt their approach for various stakeholders.
Working for our organisation
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
Planning, Development and Delivery:
- Develop implementation plans and deliver projects, through agreed governance and process, including project documentation, quality impact assessment and measurable objectives which evidence significant financial improvement.
- Provide project guidance and support for projects, including development and maintenance of project plans, project update reports and contributing to detailed reporting.
- Provide subject matter expertise in project planning enabling project teams to develop realistic plans with regards to timescales, costs, and viability.
- Ensure appropriate data collection systems are in place or established to ensure changes and improvements are evidenced based, tangible and can be monitored.
- Ensure the Project Lead, chiefs of divisions and SRO receive robust, timely management information that will provide sufficient information to support informed decision-making or escalation.
- Produce regular update reports and other presentations as requested by the Project Lead, NHSE and/or Executive team. This will involve the contribution to reports for external organisations and stakeholders.
- Provide ad hoc day to day management to Project Teams.
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.
- Educated to Masters level with a degree or significant equivalent level of experience and competency in delivering projects in a complex environment or across multiple localities/services/divisions
- Experience of working within a team to deliver successfully against objectives
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload according to the demands of conflicting and unpredictable requests, including the ability to delegate and complete projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in order to influence a wide range of stakeholders of the need for change, its benefits, and to report progress in a manner that inspires confidence
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH’s PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Carla Pinto
- Job title
- Ops Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01603 647620
List all jobs in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors