- Adult, Child, Mental Health and Learning Disability Fields
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Permanent including rotational posts
- Full Time Hours
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals
- £19,409 - £28,746 per annum (pro rata)
- 31/05/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
*** This advert is for student nurses completing their Nursing Degree in the Summer or Autumn of this year, a further advertisement will be available for those qualifying early 2019 in due course ***
As an employee of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, you will have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to grow a career that directly drives better health, better patient care and improved efficiency within the NHS. If this is something that excites you, and you are up for the challenge, then we would like to welcome you to our team at The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH).
The NNUH is in the heart of East Anglia, Norwich is one of the most vibrant and attractive cities in Europe. It is the perfect location to enjoy the contrasts of one of England’s most picturesque counties with glorious open countryside, traditional villages, the unspoilt tranquillity of the Norfolk Broads, beautiful beaches and the vibrant historic city of Norwich. Norwich with its magnificent cathedral and cobbled streets is ranked in the UK’s Top 10 shopping cities and is popular for the arts, culture, music, nightlife, and tourism.
The Trust provides a full range of acute clinical services, including the busiest Emergency Department in the East of England and specialist services such as Oncology and Radiotherapy, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Renal Medicine, Rheumatology and a Hyperacute Stroke Unit.
- OPPORTUNITIES -
As a newly registered professional within the Norfolk and Waveney health and care system, your first year in the organisation will be supported by a comprehensive preceptorship package including:
- a minimum initial preceptorship period of 12 months
- an appropriately trained preceptor from day one and a minimum of 12 days direct working time with your preceptor
- a two week supernumerary structured induction programme to the trust, combined with supernumerary time in practice
- opportunities to complete a transitional learning needs analysis,
- access to four bespoke sessions for your continuing professional development (CPD) on the subjects of resilience, communication, professionalism, and integration, as part of the Preceptorship Academy
- access to the Clinical Skills programme, with bespoke IV drug administration day for newly qualified nurses
- opportunities to network with other newly registered professionals in your locality
- opportunities to undertake inter-professional shadowing across organisations
- for those with leadership aspirations Preceptorship can be used to commence the first step on the ladder of the Health Education East leadership pathway
If you are successful at interview we will offer you a start date from when you complete your nursing degree/ programme as a pre-registration nurse and will offer you a Band 4 salary (£19,409 - £22,683 per annum, pro rata) for the period you are awaiting to receive your NMC registration.
*** When completing the reference section of your application form, please include your Academic Advisor/ Personal Tutor at your University and then a 3rd Year Mentor (ideally from a Hospital placement). You will need to provide their academic/ NHS email addresses and contact details. ***
Full time: 37.5 hours per week.
Open for applications: 8th May 2018
Close for applications: 31st May 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Nynke Hardy, Senior Nurse, Practice Development and Education on 01603 287678 or email email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578