- NHS AfC: Band 4
- Part time: 15 hours per week
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £20,150 - £23,363 per annum, pro rata
- 18/01/2019 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is a designated heart attack centre for the East of England serving around 1 million of the population of Norfolk, Great Yarmouth, Waveney and parts of North Suffolk.
Thousands of patients are seen yearly by the consultant cardiologists with a variety of problems including palpitations, angina, heart failure, narrowed or leaky valves, blackouts, murmers etc.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced, motivated individuals to join the Cardiology secretarial team.
As post holder you will:
- act as a point of contact for all communications between the Consultants, doctors in training, patients, relatives, other hospital staff and GP Surgeries. You will help to maintain close working relationship between consultants and patients as appropriate.
- assist in the management of the office administration for the consultant(s) and designated clinical team.
- provide an effective administration and secretarial service, ensuring continuity of service during the consultant/middle grade’s absence.
- assist other members of staff within the Cardiology secretarial team.
- assist and support reception staff colleagues during busy times in Outpatient Clinics.
- minute taking for Consultant/staff meetings.
- perform PA duties for the Service Lead.
- validation and updating of RTT sequences.
- support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
Part time hours:
1x post 15 hours per week.
1x post 15 hours per week, Job Share Thursday & Friday only.
Open for applications: 11th January 2018
Close for applications: 18th January 2018
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Samantha Newberry - Admin Manager
Tel: 01603 289851
Jo Maceke - Deputy Admin Manager
Tel: 01603 289698
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578