- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Part Time: 15 hours per week
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum, pro rata
- Today at 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
An opportunity has arisen to work within an integrated dietetic department which includes acute, paediatric, home enteral feeds and community dietitians based within the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, a world class teaching hospital with state-of-the-art facilities for modern patient care. You would be joining a large dietetic department with over 60 staff
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team working with cardiology nurses, therapists and other dietitians - one of which is the clinical lead for cardiology and obesity. Annual leave and study leave cover will be provided by band 5 dietitians working within the acute team.
The hospital is within walking distance from the University of East Anglia which boasts some of the best open-access sporting facilities in the country and is situated within acres of green space. It’s just a short journey from the historic city of Norwich – renowned for its open-air markets, cathedrals and rich cultural community. Living and working in Norfolk provides access to beautiful beaches, rich countryside and affordable housing with excellent transport links to London.
As post holder, your duties will include:
- To work within the multidisciplinary cardiac rehabilitation team, department of cardiology with responsibility for dietetic management of patients in the Nurse/Dietitian joint outpatient clinic as part of the cardiac rehabilitation pathway.
- This is a secondary prevention cardiac rehabilitation service running 52 weeks of the year. The patients present mainly with ischaemic heart disease, including recent myocardial infarction and may have additional comorbidities including though not restricted to dyslipidaemia; diabetes, heart failure; obesity; hypertension and malnutrition
- To achieve BACPR Dietetic competencies within 6 months of being in post.
- To follow Trust protocol and Standard operating procedure for service.
- To take an active role in the development of the Cardiology Service by attending and contributing to clinical supervision, education/peer review sessions, clinical audit contributing to team objectives
- To attend monthly cardiology dietitian team meeting –which will assist in achieving competencies and the above.
Part time: 15 hours per week.
Open for applications: 10th July 2018.
Close for applications: 19th July 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Katherine Paterson, Lead Cardiology/Obesity Dietitian: tel 01603 287011, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578