- Emergency Services
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full and part time hours available
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals, to include Cromer and District Hospital
- £31,696 - £41,787 per annum, pro rata
- 21/05/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
The Emergency Department is seeking a highly committed, motivated, innovative and progressive Senior Sister to join our Nursing team and further develop our extremely busy and forward thinking department.
The ED is the busiest in the East of England, seeing in excess of 120,000 new patients each year. Currently there in an exciting, on-going change process in place. We are in the process of developing new effective ways of working, including expanding our Paediatric Emergency Department and opening OPED (Older People’s Emergency Department ) specifically to provide a service for our aging population. Your role will be to support and work within the team to achieve high quality and compassionate care for our patients. You must have a positive outlook to change.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in the realisation of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals’ vision of: ‘to provide every patient with care we want for those we love the most’.
The successful applicant will benefit from a structured development plan and the opportunity to work with a dedicated and highly skilled Team as we look forward to the future development of the Emergency Department
As post holder you will :
- Providing nursing leadership and management of the ED department having responsibility for the period of duty.
- Ensure a high standard of research based nursing practice delivering patient care.
- act as a clinical specialist giving advice to other ward areas and outside agencies as required.
- be responsible for the promotion and implementation of ED competencies and standards set by the nursing and midwifery professional bodies and trust nursing policies and guidelines.
- participate in the teaching programme of the department
- work as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner or be willing to undertake training
- rotate in the role of ENP to the Minor Injury Unit at Cromer Hospita
Hours of work: full and part time available , shift pattern to cover 24/7, 7 days a week
Opening Date for Applications: 11th May 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 21st May 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Suzanne Nurse - Senior ED Matron
tel : 01603 646507
email : email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578