- Emergency Theatres
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
- £31,696-£41,787 per annum
- 27/06/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
We are looking to recruit a committed and dynamic Clinical Leader who can demonstrate that they have the skills to provide practical guidance and leadership to a highly motivated, cohesive team within the main theatre complex.
As post holder you will:
- demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills which will provide the ability to be an integral part of the management team and lead Emergency theatres effectively.
- work collaboratively within the management structure and at all levels of staff grade across the Surgical Division.
- work with external agencies / organisations to develop services and improve patient care.
- be highly organised and able to work under pressure in the context of meeting deadlines.
- provide clinical and managerial leadership and support to all multi-disciplinary and clerical staff
- assist with the management of resources in the clinical area within the agreed budget
- manage staff performance and development through a process of appraisal, which should include a cycle of constructive performance review and the establishment of a relevant personal development plan
- ensure all staff have had the relevant training and statutory updating regarding mandatory training, i.e. COSHH, Health and Safety, Infection Control Policy, Resuscitation, Moving and Handling, Fire Lecture and Occupational Health
- contribute to local policy making within the agreed Trust strategy
-implement change when necessary adopting an effective change management theory model where changes of practice affect service delivery
- monitor/investigate incidents within the area and implement necessary actions recommended to reduce risk
We are looking for the right person to bring leadership, organisational and proactive skill set to the management team whilst demonstrating at all times a professional attitude to the work place.
Hours of work : Full time - 37.5 hours per week.
The role will primarily encompass a weekday shift pattern with occasional need for out of hours cover where required
Opening Date for Applications: 11th June 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 27th June 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Michael Dicker - Inpatient Theatre Matron
tel: 01603 -286286 (6671)
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578