Apprentice Assistant Financial Accountant
- Apprenticeship: 18 months
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Rouen Road
- £9,378.72 per annum, £180.38 per week
- 22/03/2023 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here? So do we.
We want all our staff to achieve a balance between work and personal life and understand how important flexible working can be. We welcome applications on a full or part time basis, various shift patterns and hybrid working, where roles allow.
The successful candidate will join a small team which forms part of the financial reporting section within the wider finance department of the hospital.
The team reports on the monthly financial performance of the Trust, accounts for the Trust’s PFI contract and monitors the Trust’s multi-million pound capital programme.
Main duties of the job
The Apprentice Assistant Financial Accountant will assist and support the Finance Manager and the Financial Reporting team in the provision of:
- Maintaining the Capital Asset Register and reporting in a timely manner;
- Preparing the main statements of financial accounts;
- Reporting the performance of the Trust both internally and externally;
- Monitoring and reporting of the PFI
Working for our organisation
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The following skills and experience will be required and are essential for the successful candidates:
- Support the Deputy Finance Manager in maintaining the system for the control of all capital expenditure; ensuring this is up-to-date and accurate.
- Support the maintenance of the capital asset register and ensure an audit trail of any changes.
- Run reports and send out invoices using Purchase Invoice Manager (PIM).
- Review of capital requests to ensure sufficient funding is available, ready for sign-off by the Deputy Director of Finance.
- Assisting with month and year end accounting processes.
- Support the maintenance of financial records in respect of the PFI contract for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly returns to the Trust’s regulator: NHS Improvement.
- Assist in the reconciliation of control accounts on a monthly basis, and ensure that all outstanding items are cleared, with full explanations on reconciling differences.
Please refer to the Job Description for the full specification of responsibilities and requirements for this post.
- 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above (or equivalent) – ideally to include Maths and English
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible - able to multi-task and prioritise
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH’s PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Ellen Crouch
- Job title
- Finance Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01603 287197
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors