- General Surgery
- Apprenticeships: Apprenticeship
- Fixed Term Apprenticeship - 12 months
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
- £138.75 per week
- 22/07/2018 23:59
**12 month Fixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship**
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice Secretary and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
We have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and versatile individual to join the Trust as an Apprentice Secretary in the General Surgery Department. You will be enrolled with a local education provider and expected to complete the relevant Level 2 Diploma Apprenticeship in Business Administration Programme as part of this role. Your ongoing development process will be discussed in detail at the interview stage.
It is a very busy and interesting environment and you will be working alongside an established team who have a hard-working and forward-thinking philosophy with patient care at the focus of what we do.
If you are looking for a role that provides you with the opportunity to show off your caring and compassionate side, you like a busy atmosphere, you like working methodically with a good attention to detail, and you can work flexibly, this may be the job for you!
As post holder you will:
- be a member of a large admin team and will provide an essential first point of contact between the hospital, patients and their relatives, and all other healthcare professionals
- deal efficiently and effectively with direct and indirect patient contact
- have responsibility for the administration of clinics and will provide professional reception duties
- track and collect patient notes and be able to work well autonomously and as part of a team
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three years
- Must not have a Degree, Level 4 qualification or above
- Must NOT be in any form of formal government-funded education
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above (or equivalent)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week. 9:00am to 5:00pm
Opening Date for Applications: 10th July 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd July 2018
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Samuel Cooper - Administration Manager
tel : 01603 287769
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578