NHS AfC: Band 2
- Laboratory Medicine
- NHS AfC: Band 2
- Part time
- Annualised hours
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £20,270 - £21,318 per annum, pro rata
- 02/04/2023 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here? So do we.
We want all our staff to achieve a balance between work and personal life and understand how important flexible working can be. We welcome applications on a full or part time basis, various shift patterns and hybrid working, where roles allow.
Applications invited for motivated, enthusiastic and reliable individuals keen to work within highly skilled and diverse department as a phlebotomist.
This is an opportunity to earn a very unique skill as venepuncturer within a vibrant and diverse team at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Main duties of the job
You will maintain a high standard of patient care under the direction of the Phlebotomy Manager in collecting blood samples from patients.
Support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service,
You will also be expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence and demonstrate behaviours that support and encourage an inclusive culture.
Working for our organisation
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To collect blood samples from patients in accordance with agreed Trust policies.
- To generate blood request forms from ICE previously stored by medical/clinical staff.
- Process patient’s blood samples using the Glucose Monitoring Meter and analysing results.
- Attend departmental meetings when necessary.
- Be aware of role in an emergency situation.
- Contribute to keeping the clinical area clean and tidy, maintaining a safe environment to work
Please view the attached job description for full details of the role, and use your supporting statement to confirm how you meet the essential and desirable criteria on the job specification
- Health Care
- Oral and written communication skills
- Maintain standards of care
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH’s PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Vitor Oliveira
- Job title
- Phlebotomy Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01603 289650
List all jobs in Health Science Services or all sectors