- NHS Medical & Dental: Junior Clinical Fellow
- Fixed term for 12 months
- 40 hours per week
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
- £36,461 per annum
- 05/06/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
EDUCATIONAL CLINICAL FELLOW – CLINICAL SKILLS RESOURCE AREA (CSRA)
NNUH is the largest teaching partner of the UEA Norwich Medical School. The Trust provides approximately 25,000 student days of secondary care placement teaching every year and hosts most of the School’s OSCEs.
At the centre of these teaching and assessment activities is the Clinical Skills Resource Area (CSRA). This is an area of the Trust dedicated to the Medical School and staffed by a small team comprising clinicians, nurses, technician and administrators. This team is responsible for the planning and organising of all secondary care placements and for the delivery of OSCEs.
We have 2 bespoke simulation teaching rooms in CSRA with 3 working simman models (a 3G, an essential and an older model).
This role is a 12 month fixed term appointment with the Medical School (that can be renewed by mutual agreement), and is available on a full time, half time or part time basis.
- Be a fully registered doctor having completed at least two years of foundation level training.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm and ability to teach, preferably at the undergraduate medicine level
- Ideally should already be trained in UEA educational duties (e.g. OSCE assessing, SIMMAN or PBL facilitator) but at a minimum must be willing to undergo in-house professional training to carry out a variety of these roles.
- Have already obtained, or be keen to undertake further training towards, qualification in medical education e.g. Certificate, Diploma or Masters degree in clinical education
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lesley Bowker or Louise Terrington 01603 286286
If you have problems applying, contact