- Physiotherapy (Bank)
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £26,565 - £35,577
- 21/06/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
We have exciting opportunities to join our Physiotherapy Bank at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where you will work within the Older People’s Medicine (OPM) team.
The team has responsibility for the Physiotherapy management of in and out patients presenting to the OPM specialty which includes working predominantly with elderly patients with acute or chronic medical, respiratory, neurological or multi-pathological conditions.
If you are newly promoted from a Physiotherapist role, or are an existing Senior Physiotherapist looking for experience and the opportunity to broaden your skills in this area then we would love to hear from you.
You will be supported by Senior Physiotherapists with extensive knowledge and experience in the specialty and participation in service development is actively encouraged.
As post holder you will be required to:
- Assess, prioritise and manage a caseload of patients presenting to the specialty; determine clinical diagnosis and physiotherapy management indicated and maintain records as a legally autonomous practitioner – patient presentation may be complex/highly complex
- Participate in the discharge planning process; including making recommendations about individual rehabilitation needs and discharge/ placement requirements; participate in multi-disciplinary meetings, board rounds, case conferences and family meetings; participate in the Continuing Care process
- Supervise Physiotherapy assistants; Physiotherapists and Physiotherapy students on clinical placement within the specialty
- Provide clinical leadership within the specialty including educational, professional and managerial guidance
- Have an active role in the planning, development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of the Physiotherapy service provided to the specialty
Hours of work: we provide a seven day service which includes emergency on call, weekend and Bank Holiday working as required.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Victoria Braide, Physiotherapy Operational Lead OPM on 01603 286976 or email email@example.com