NHS AfC: Band 5
- Plastic Surgery
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Fixed term: 6 months (Secondment Opportunity)
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £27,055 - £32,934 per annum, pro rata
- Today at 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here? So do we.
We want all our staff to achieve a balance between work and personal life and understand how important flexible working can be. We welcome applications on a full or part time basis, various shift patterns and hybrid working, where roles allow.
***6 Month Fixed term contract/ secondment opportunity***
The Surgical, Critical and Emergency Care Division is currently recruiting an Admin Manager to lead the Plastic Surgery administration team.
The team currently consists of;
- A Deputy Admin Manager
- 8 Senior Trust Medical Secretaries
- 2 Trust Medical Secretaries
- 4 Waiting List Coordinators
- 5 Receptionists
- A Patient Pathway Coordinator
The Plastic Surgery department is very busy, with activity happening across multiple locations (Outpatients, APU, Theatres) and is heavily involved with the Skin Cancer Pathway.
if you are considering applying for this post on a secondment basis, please discuss with your Line Manager prior to applying to ascertain whether this could be supported.
Interview date: 28th March 2023
Main duties of the job
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Working for our organisation
You will ensure the smooth running and development of the directorate in relation to its administration functions. They will operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, managing the administrative, clerical and secretarial needs of the directorate and ensuring, through careful monitoring of workloads that activity targets are met and that patient management is in line with the patient access policy.
You will also support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day running of the directorate’s administrative needs and resolve any problematic issues that arise. This will include the authorising of annual leave and study leave along with the weekly rotas.
- Manage administrative staff sickness in line with Trust HR policies, undertaking return to work interviews, stage 1 and stage 2 interviews. To liaise with Human Resources, where appropriate, in issues of sickness and phased returns to work.
- Ensure that all clinical sessions are allocated adequate clerical staff and ensure training is provided where appropriate.
- Initiate and participate in the development of policies and procedures affecting the administration staff. Implement changes to practice/protocols and overcome conflicts/lack of knowledge.
- Be responsible for day-case, inpatient and outpatient waiting lists in line with Patient Access Policies, procedures and targets set.
- Use Business Objects to produce statistics for the Trust, Service Manager, Clinical Director, Consultants and other members of the MFE staff monthly, yearly and as and when required.
- Provide an essential point of contact between patients, other Trust staff and staff outside the hospital with the Consultants within the directorate.
Please see the job description for full details
- Management Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Good standard of education.
- To undertake PAS training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH’s PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mollie Snelling
- Job title
- Divisional Operational Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01603 646 824
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors