- Practice Development and Education
- Bursary/ Band 5
- Fixed term training agreement / substantive
- Full and part time available
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Bursary / £22,128 - £28,746 per annum (pro rata)
- 31/05/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
We welcome applications from Registered Nurses who wish to refresh their acute care skills.
The aim of the Supervised Practice Programme is to update the skills, knowledge and competencies of the Registered Nurse in preparation for employment with the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH), and / or registration with the Nurse Bank.
The Programme includes mandatory training and one or more clinical placements. You will be working clinically in a supernumerary capacity, under supervision of and supported by a Registered Nurse. Competencies link to the job description, and must be achieved over a period of up to 15 weeks and up to 150 hours.
Requirements for the programme:
- you must hold a live registration with the NMC
- have a gap in acute hospital experience of a year or more
- not practiced in an acute hospital setting post-registration
- have the intention to work as a Registered Nurse at the NNUH for a minimum of 24 hours per week
- have spoken and written English language skills at level B2 or above according the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (see self-assessment grid)
What can you expect?
- supernumerary placement in one or more clinical areas
- a flexible approach to achieving your practice hours
- dedicated Clinical Educator team who are highly experienced in supporting Registered Nurses returning to acute hospital practice
- support and supervision from a Registered Nurse in your clinical area during your placement
- fast tracked into a Trust job or registration with the Nurse Bank on completion of the course (dependent on satisfactory interview and recruitment checks)
Places on the programme are limited, and are subject to satisfactory application process. The Programme is either undertaken as a fixed term training agreement (pre-employment), in which case it attracts a bursary of up to £1,000 for the full 150 hours completed (pro rata for fewer hours), or at the start of a substantive contract with the Trust.
The Trust provides a full range of acute clinical services, including the busiest Emergency Department in the East of England and specialist services such as Oncology and Radiotherapy, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Renal Medicine, Rheumatology and a Hyperacute Stroke Unit. The Older People’s Emergency Department, our revolutionary new service, opened in 2017 and the Gastroenterology team will be moving to the purpose built Quadram Institute, opening later this year - a world class facility for food and health research.
You will have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to grow a career that directly drives better health, better patient care and improved efficiency within the NHS. If this is something that excites you, and you are up for the challenge, then we would like to welcome you to our team at The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH).
The NNUH is in the heart of East Anglia, Norwich is one of the most vibrant and attractive cities in Europe. It is the perfect location to enjoy the contrasts of one of England’s most picturesque counties with glorious open countryside, traditional villages, the unspoilt tranquility of the Norfolk Broads, beautiful beaches and the vibrant historic city of Norwich. Norwich with its magnificent cathedral and cobbled streets is ranked in the UK’s Top 10 shopping cities and is popular for the arts, culture, music, nightlife, and tourism.
Full and part time hours are available.
Open for applications: 16th May 2018
Close for applications 31st May 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Stevie Savage or Samantha Browne, Practice Development Nurses on 01603 289030 or 286633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578