- Apprenticeships: Apprenticeship
- Fixed Term Apprenticeship
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Norfolk & Norwich university Hospital
- £138.75 per week
- 21/05/2018 23:59
**14 month Fixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship**
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice Radiology Department Assistant and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised Level 2 Clinical Diploma apprenticeship qualification.
Within the ISAS accredited Radiology Department at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH) an opportunity has arisen for a conscientious and committed individual to join the Radiology Department Assistant team in the role of Apprentice assistant. The Radiology department offers an extensive rotation through all imaging modalities. As post holder you will contribute to the provision of a high standard of care for patients. You will assist Radiographic staff in carrying out Radiology examinations and associated procedures and work as part of the team to provide excellent standards of patient care.
As post holder you will :
- become actively involved in a broad range of duties including clinical and clerical work connected with all aspects of patient care and administration.
- assist professional staff with radiological examinations and ensuring that patients receive a high standard of care.
There is a structured in-house training programme covering all modalities within Radiology which you will be required to undertake.
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three years
- Must not have a Degree, Level 4 qualification or above
- Must NOT be in any form of formal government-funded education
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSEs at Grade A - D (or equivalent)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.
Hours of work : Full time - 37.5 hours per week, shift pattern - 08.00 am - 20.00 pm
Open for applications: 11th May 2018
Close for applications: 21st May 2018
Interview date : Wednesday 6th June 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dan Cousins - RDA Manager
Annie Cook -Apprentice Lead
Louise Reilly Practice Development Manager
tel: 01603 287811
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578