- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full Time and Part Time
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £22,128 - £28,746 per annum, pro rata
- 21/02/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
Registered Nurses and Operating Department Practitioners (Band 5) are required to enable expansion of the experienced multi-disciplinary workforce within the friendly and dynamic radiology team at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Clinical areas include Interventional Radiology, MRI, CT and Ultrasound and these posts offer an exciting opportunity to work across the entire department developing different skills
Within IRU you will develop skills to,
- Pre assess patients prior to their interventional procedure
- Work as a scrub nurse/practitioner during interventional procedures and assist Radiologists with procedures in the Interventional Radiology Suite and Main Theatres
- Provide safe and efficient IV therapy monitoring while responding to the effects of IV sedation and Analgesia
- Deliver a high standard of patient care in the post procedure period before escorting patients to the ward/discharge
As a registered Nurse/ODP working within CT/MRI/Ultrasound develop skills to,
- Care for inpatients and outpatients from both medicine and surgery
- Care for patients pre, intra and post scans and invasive procedures
- Be independent with Cannulation and Venepuncture.
- Be competent in intravenous medication administration e.g. Conscious Sedation and Analgesia medication.
- Registered Nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register or Operating department practitioner registered with the HCPC
- Recent experience of working in an acute hospital environment
Previous experience of radiology is not required as you will have a robust programme of induction and will receive a comprehensive in-house training package. You can expect a period of supernumerary training and will be well supported by experienced staff. Subsequent study leave and continuous professional development is supported by the department.
Hours of work: Part time/Full time hours available 7 days per week. Commitment to weekend working after completion of the training program is essential.
Opening Date for Applications: 9th February 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 21st February 2018
Interview Date: 1st March 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
James Greaves, Matron Tel: 01603 268286 Email: email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578