- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- 10 PA's
- Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital
- £37,923 - £70,718
- 20/02/2018 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
The Rheumatology department is a dynamic, effective department demonstrating excellent multidisciplinary team work.
Norwich, is home to our beautiful, purpose built hospital which is the 6th largest Acute Trust in the UK. Located on the same site as Norwich Research Park and next to world renowned University of East Anglia (UEA), we are a teaching hospital with a strong focus around career development.
Our achievements to date
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is an NHSE recognised specialist centre for vasculitis and connected tissue disorders. Vascular ultrasound in the detection of giant cell arteritis (GCA) is offered within the department
- We have strong links to the University of East Anglia with an active epidemiology research encompassing the Norfolk arthritis register (NOAR) along with other projects
- In addition, there are some ongoing clinical trials with a focus on spondyloarthropathies
- Strong teaching links with the medical school with the opportunity to develop clinical teaching methods
- Well established dynamic nursing teams for supporting biologics and escalation of therapy in early inflammatory arthritis
- Ample space for the assessment and treatment of urgent and routine patients in the Rheumatology day unit
In Norwich an amazing 77% of people say they love their job. Although less than 2 hours from London and serviced by excellent transport links, Norwich is one of few UK cities that still retain a strong local identity and with that a strong sense of community – people walk down the street and say hello to each other, baristas remember our coffee order, you get to know about interesting local projects.
This strong sense of self along with excellent shopping, eating out, affordable house prices and excellent schooling is why Norwich has been ranked by the Guardian as the best city to work in.
Don’t take our word for it – Rheumatology Service Director, Tarnya Marshall chose to accept the role of consultant at NNUH after experiencing Norwich hospitality first hand.
“This is a very busy but very friendly hospital and Norwich is a beautiful bustling city. I chose to work in Norwich because of the friendly people and great staff and would recommend living here to anyone. Not only do we have a lovely city, but beautiful beaches and countryside too.”.
Wish you were here?
We wish you were too….
Applications are invited for a speciality doctor post in the Department of Rheumatology at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. This is a full-time post required to meet increasing demand on our services. The post holder will work alongside our team of SpRs with a supportive consultant team
In return we can offer a suite of benefits including
- Relocation pay, leave and support
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Excellent pension scheme
- On site nursery
- Variety of onsite restaurants, cafes and deli’s
- Access to an excellent on site library
- Dedicated workplace health and well-being services including sports clubs, counselling support and discounted complimentary therapy service.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Tarnya Marshall, Service Director on 01603 288677. To learn more about the Trust, please visit our web site.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
To view further details and apply for this post please go to the NHS Jobs website vacancy reference number 234-MS857.