Breast reconstruction Nurse Specialist
NHS AfC: Band 6
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Part time
- Flexible working
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- £33,706 - £40,588 per annum, pro rata
- 26/03/2023 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here? So do we.
We want all our staff to achieve a balance between work and personal life and understand how important flexible working can be. We welcome applications on a full or part time basis, various shift patterns and hybrid working, where roles allow.
A vacancy has arisen for a Band 6 Clinical Nurse Specialist in Breast Reconstruction to work part-time alongside the Lead Breast Reconstruction Nurse and as part of the wider Plastic Surgery Multi-Disciplinary Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver care and support to patients undergoing mastectomy and reconstruction as part of a breast cancer pathway or to those with genetic mutations.
We are committed in our aim to continue to deliver the highest standard of evidence-based care and we would warmly welcome a highly motivated, committed individual to join our team.
Main duties of the job
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate will be;
- To develop, implement and evaluate care for a specialist group of patients
- Provide a comprehensive service for patients within the specialist area of care.
- Provide direct patient care and support for a caseload of patients throughout their pathway of breast reconstruction.
- To be a resource for other health professionals.
- To always provide and promote a high standard of professional care whilst upholding and influencing professional and Trust values.
- To work with the multidisciplinary and multi-professional team involved in the patient’s care.
- Lead in producing and updating Protocols and patient information
- To undertake training in the practical skills involved in Breast Reconstruction such as tissue expansion, medical tattooing.
- Participate in research and audit
- Liaise with peer support groups and attend meetings where appropriate
- Undertake teaching to medical and nursing staff involved in the care of patients undergoing breast reconstruction
You will support the plastics surgery department in delivering care to patients following breast surgery and considering breast reconstruction after a cancer diagnosis.
You will also support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
Working for our organisation
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please view the attached job description for full details of the role, and use your supporting statement to confirm how you meet the essential and desirable criteria on the job specification
- Registered Nurse
- Degree, evidence of study at degree level or working towards a degree
- Relevant specialist qualification Eg ENB R77 or N92 or N49
- Significant Plastic Surgery nursing experience
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Clear understanding of the nursing role within the multi-disciplinary team and the ability to effectively represent the interests of the profession
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH’s PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Ruth Watts
- Job title
- Surgical Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01603 287603
List all jobs in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors