- Surgical Division
- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Fixed Term Contract for 24 months
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- £47,092 - £58,217 per annum
- Today at 23:59
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to ‘provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most’, and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.
Our values support our vision and guide the behaviour of everything we do, these are:.
We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital.
Wish you were here..? Click here to find out more about our Hospital and what we have to offer
** Fixed Term Contract / Secondment opportunity for 24 months **
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Lead Cancer Nurse to join our cancer services team. With the support of Macmillan we are expanding the team who are responsible for implementing our strategy to become a recognised centre of excellence for cancer services. Our strategy supports the delivery of the National Cancer Strategy with our plans and priorities aligning to those in ‘Achieving World-Class Cancer Outcomes: A Strategy for England’.
The Norfolk and Norwich is the fourth largest cancer centre in England, caring for over 6,500 patients every year. We are a specialist centre for the diagnosis and treatment of breast, colorectal, gynaecological, haematological, head & neck, lung, skin, gastrointestinal and urological tumours.
We provide world leading anti-cancer treatments, including: robotic and minimally invasive surgery, ambulatory chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiotherapy. Consequently, we are a leading organisation both within the East of England Cancer Alliance and nationally.
Reporting to the Divisional Nursing Director (Surgery), you will provide support, expert advice and professional leadership, and be responsible and accountable for the delivery of a high quality; patient centered cancer services across the Trust that meets the needs of the cancer patient.
You will also:
- provide strategic direction for cancer nursing and Allied Health Professional (AHP) services across the Trust (this will involve working with key providers and local commissioners to ensure the national and local agenda is implemented with regard to cancer care)
- provide professional nursing advice and leadership to support the implementation and monitoring of the Cancer Strategy
- ensure that all aspects of cancer service delivery are underpinned by patient and service user experience
- establish strong partnerships with the East of England Cancer alliance, Norfolk and Waveney STP and voluntary agencies to enable the delivery of the cancer strategy recommendations
- work closely with the senior Matrons, Divisional Nurse Director, Cancer Manager, and Cancer Clinical Lead in the coordination and delivery of cancer services
- work closely with the patient experience leads, leading on cancer patient experience
- in collaboration with the cancer leadership team, identify and implement the National priorities and guidance for cancer service, coordinating their development and Trust-wide implementation.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.
Hours of Work: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Opening Date for Applications: 29th January 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 19th February 2018
Interview Date: 28th February 2018
** If you are considering applying for this post on a secondment basis, please discuss with your Line Manager prior to applying to ascertain whether this could be supported. **
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Divisional Nursing Director
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01603 287578